HEQ5 GOTO mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the HEQ5 GOTO Mounts, They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
• Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
• Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
• Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
• Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
• Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
• Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
• Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
• Periodic Error Correction.
• PC compatibility.
• Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
Telescope Mounting Method: Tube Rings
Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
Counterweight Shaft Length: 21.5cm
Counterweight Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
Mount Weight (without counterweight): 10Kgs
Mount Height: 35cm
Total weight: 15kgs (without counterweights)
Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
Gear Ratio: 705
*8" Dovetail Bar
SynScan Hand Control
See Specifications on the right for more details
# Recommend for: ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY
*60 months limited warranty covered by SAXON*
|Mount Type||German equatorial|
|Slow-motion Control||Hand Control|
|Ground Board Diameter|
|Ground Board Weight(s)|
|Motor Drive|| Built-in|
|Tube Dimension(dia. x length)|
|Shipping Weight|| |
|Shipping Carton Dimensions|